The objective of INFLUENCERS is to foster the inclusion of youth living with disabilities and long-term illnesses. INFLUENCERS’ partners are exploring the idea of using social entrepreneurship as a bridge to inclusion for people on the margins of mainstream society, focusing specifically on youth living with a disability or a long-term health condition. Given the right tools, the project consortium believes that the youth with first-hand knowledge of living with a disability or a long-term health condition can become successful social media influencers and a reference for other young people living with the same condition.
The project brings together 6 partners, as follows:
- Jugendförderverein Parchim Lübz e.V. (the project coordinator from Germany),
- The Rural Hub (Ireland),
- Solution: Solidarité & Inclusion (France),
- Active Women Association (Poland),
- Rightchallenge (Portugal)
- INNOVADE (Cyprus).
The project kicked off in September 2019 when the world looked quite different, but now in month 8 of the project, we have some exciting milestones to share with you:
- An Online Social Entrepreneurship Curriculum for youth living with a disability on how to develop their social entrepreneurship idea into a sustainable entity. The first finalized draft version should be ready by June in order to be tested with local experts during July.
- A Digital & Social Media Literacy Curriculum on how to stay safe in online environments and a suite of media-rich resources to build digital and social media literacy. The first finalized draft version should be also ready by June in order to be tested with local experts during July.
- An In-service training programme to introduce Best Practice Guidelines for youth providers on supporting the inclusion of young persons with disabilities. Partners are working to draft a framework for what this programme will cover, and this will be ready by the end of May. Partners will then work together to develop it.
- An online environment to support the new young social entrepreneurs to launch their online careers. The design of the e-learning platform should be ready by mid-May. Stay tuned!
Don’t forget to like our Facebook page to follow the partnership’s progresses! https://www.facebook.com/influencersproject/