Social entrepreneurship can act as an important bridge to inclusion for people on the margins of mainstream society. Online social entrepreneurship is an especially relevant area of endeavour for young people living with a disability or a long-term health condition. Sharing life experiences and demonstrating that living with a disability or a long-term health condition is possible; explaining how obstacles have been overcome; directing others to appropriate support services or networks; opening a forum for discussion and debate; connecting other young people in similar circumstances; are all potential social entrepreneurship opportunities that the INFLUENCERS project consortium will explore.
Technology provides opportunities to level the playing field for youth living with a disability or a long-term health condition like never before. It can support more equitable societies; more inclusive communities. It can help to build support networks for people of all ages who live with a disability or care for someone with a disability. It can help to demystify certain medical, physical or cognitive disabilities and create a more understanding and empathetic society. Partners believe that the areas where they work will be significantly impacted by the outcomes achieved by the INFLUENCERS project.
INFLUENCERS project will:
- provide a supportive digital environment where youth living with a disability or a long-term health condition can fulfill their potential
- help achieve a more inclusive society in the local areas where the project is implemented with youth living with a disability or a long-term health condition accepted and acknowledged as key contributors to social goals
- raise awareness of the positive attributes of digital and social media and the potential it offers for all young people throughout society
- enhance the reputation of participating youth organisations as centres of excellence in youth work that will help them to attract a higher calibre of youth worker and/or retain their best youth development staff
- help ensure that young people from the local areas who participate in the training provided will be recognised as responsible digital and social media citizens
- support increased digital inclusion which is an important element of social inclusion in today’s society.
Online Social Entrepreneurship Curriculum
The development of an Online Social Entrepreneurship Curriculum that focuses on building knowledge, skills and competences necessary to support youth living with a disability or long-term health condition to develop next generation online social enterprises.
Digital & Social Media Literacy Curriculum
The development of a full curriculum of digital and social media literacy training resources.
In-service Training Programme
The development of in-service training programme to ensure that youth professionals are equipped to deliver the Online Social Entrepreneurship Curriculum and the Digital & Social Media Literacy Curriculum.
The development of an e-learning portal as a one-stop-shop providing instant access to the full suite of learning resources developed.